Guida-Guida, my mother, always made the best BROWNIES!!! The ingredients and the directions are simple. Everyone loves them. Over the years, I have made her recipe thousands of times…often upon request. So treat yourself…and your friends and family if you choose to share.
- 1 stick of butter
- 2 squares of baking chocolate (1 ounce each)
- 1 1/4 C granulated sugar
- 1 C flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Pinch of salt- maybe 1/4 tsp
- 1 cup diced walnuts (optional but we always add them unless folks have an allergy issue)
- 1. In a decent size saucepan on a low heat, melt the butter and chocolate squares. Then turn off the heat.
- 2. In that same pan, stir in the sugar and egg to the melted mixture. Add the vanilla and salt.
- 3. Slowly mix in the flour until it is all combined, and add the diced nuts.
- 4. Bake at 300″ or 325″ for 25-30 minutes in a buttered and floured 8×8″ pan. Watch that you do not overcook them and be mindful that they will continue to “firm up” after you have removed them from the oven. A clean toothpick test in the center will definitely tell you if they are done, but, of course this will vary with each oven. We like them fudgy so I try to watch the cooking time.
- See…easy! And they freeze really well! For a real treat, try pairing the GUIDA-GUIDA BROWNIES with any of the Two Amigos red wines or maybe the TAW Wee Moor? Remember, Guido is offering $10 shipping on ALL wine orders through the end of December 2012…..such a deal!