So many of us are enjoying wonderful white wines at this time of the year! Our spring shipments to both our La Familia and GlenLyon wine clubs included Chardonnay, which is a beautiful pairing with this Smoked Salmon Spread recipe. One of our Wine Room managers, Nancy Fine, has altered this recipe from San Francisco A La Carte. It is easy and fabulous! In Nancy’s words’, “This hors d’oeuvre is a hit every time!”
- 1/2 lb. Smoked salmon
- 3-4 Shallots, finely chopped
- 2 T capers
- 2 Tsp chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 Cup sour cream
- 1/2 Cup mayonnaise
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Chopped parsley
- Crackers, such as Triscuits or pumpernickel bread
- Chop the salmon and mix with the minced shallots, capers, dill, sour cream and mayonnaise. Blend well and spoon into serving bowl.
- Top with pepper and chopped parsley.
- Cover and chill. Serve with crackers or pumpernickel bread.
- Serves 6-8 as an appetizer